When it comes to cooling the temperature in a room, a ceiling fan is arguably one of the most economic ways of going about it. Ceiling fans have widely gained popularity over the past two to three decades. This type of fan started as a cost-effective alternative to air conditioning to cool living rooms, offices, bedrooms, and other similar environments and has now grown into a must have device in any building. The flexibility and relative dynamism ceiling fans bring have made them indispensable to the current markets.
With a ceiling fan in a room, cooling the temperature is one of the economic ways to go about it. The ceiling fan has been there right from the time it is nothing new and certainly not spectacular. It is just a fan, these days they come in different types and different colors and in fact with different numbers of blades too.
The ceiling fans are indispensable and if for anything you will see them in every household there is. Although this type of fan has got a strong competition in standing fans, they still hold their own ground in the market space as a lot of individuals still prefer the ceiling fan to a standing fan. Obviously, because they are easy to use.
Nigerians appreciate convenience; this is one reason ceiling fans will not go out of stock any time soon. In fact, till date, ceiling fans remain among the most sought after fans in the country. Almost every building boast one in each of the rooms. Although they are rarely installed in the standard offices these days, they still remain a core part of a house. And the greatest part is that they are among the most affordable fans in the market.
How much does ceiling fans go for in the current market? This post takes a look at this and answers the question.
Prices of Ceiling Fans in Nigeria
The market for ceiling fans has always been on the rise over the past decades. This is largely due to the rate at which buildings are being erected daily in the country. This type of fan, due to convenience and the fact that they don’t consume so much space in homes, remains at the top of the chain in the fan industry.
Ceiling fans come in different sizes, types, and designs. They can be purchased directly from manufacturers or from distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce. Let us take a look at the prices of some popular brands in 2018.
How much is QASA Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 36 inches ceiling fan: N8, 000 – N13, 000
- 56 inches ceiling fan: N10, 000 – N25, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N12, 500 – N30, 000
- 62 inches ceiling fan: N18, 500 – N35, 000
How much is OX Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 25 inches ceiling fan: N8, 000 – N13, 000
- Imperial 56 inches ceiling fan: N9, 000 – N13, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N9, 000 – N17, 000
- 62 inches ceiling fan: N11, 500 – N20, 000
How much is ORL Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 24 inches ceiling fan: N9, 000 – N12, 000
- 56 inches ceiling fan: N12, 000 – N15, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N12, 500 – N20, 000
- 62 inches ceiling fan: N14, 500 – N20, 000
How much is Century Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 56 inches ceiling fan: N8, 000 – N12, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N13, 000 – N20, 000
How much is Panasonic Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 56 inches ceiling fan: N22, 000 – N25, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N25, 000 – N30, 000
How much is Sonic Ceiling Fan Prices in Nigeria
- 56 inches ceiling fan: N7, 000 – N15, 000
- 60 inches ceiling fan: N11, 000 – N20, 000
It should be noted that the variation in prices is a result of certain factors which include currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase, and other similar factors. The numbers of inches are also factors that affect the prices. Generally, the higher the inches, the higher the prices.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling fans are available in different types and the variety of brands available today only makes it difficult to go to the market and pick a random one. If you are considering getting a ceiling fan soon or anytime in the future, it is essential you consider some important factors. These help you streamline your options and eventually pick the right one for you. Some of these factors are stated below.
- Consider the size of the fan: Ceiling fans are available in different sizes and the first thing to consider when buying a fan is the size. What determines this is the size of the room you are installing the ceiling fan. The bigger the room, the higher the inches you should go for.
- Noise: Noise is one thing you want to avoid when it comes to fan operation. Consider ceiling fans that don’t make so much noise when in use.
Things to be on the lookout for before purchasing a ceiling fan
- Consider budget
- Motor type
- The size