Air conditioners have been in high demand in recent years. With a lot of people taking more cognizance of the air quality they breathe, the majority have resolved to use of air conditioners in their homes and offices. Air conditioners come in different types, with the floor standing type rating among the most effective and arguably the most expensive.
On those oppressively, exhaustingly, disgustingly hot days, we know the last thing you want to do is, well, anything. And if your landlord has cruelly disallowed all window units for fear of pedestrian-squishing lawsuits, nothing is exactly what you’ll be doing all summer.
Thankfully, there are some really great standing air conditioner options. Whether you’re ready to invest in a fancy, smart A/C that connects with your phone or just need to cool down a small bedroom and sleep better at night, we’ve put together a starter list of the 10 best standing air conditioners to keep your cool this season. You can still do nothing this summer.
With lots of manufacturers launching various kinds and models of floor standing air conditioners today, it is essential to consider how much they go for in the current market. In this article, we will take a look at the prices of common floor standing air conditioners in Nigeria.
Standing air conditioner prices in Nigeria
Standing air conditioners come in different designs, models, and types. While the split unit Air conditioner remains the most in-demand Air conditioner, standing air cons are regarded as more efficient, last longer, and cover wider space. Just like the split unit ACs, standing ACs can be purchased directly from manufacturers or distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce.
Let us take a look at the prices of some popular brands in the current market.
Gree Standing Air Conditioner
- Gree Fresh Wind-Free Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP – N530,000 – N650,000
- Gree Fresh Wind-Free Standing Air Conditioner 5 HP – N660,000 – N900,000
- Gree Fresh Wind-Free Standing Air Conditioner 10 HP – N1.9 million – N2.7 million
Hisense Standing Air Conditioner
- Hisense Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2 HP – N320,000 – N420, 000
- Hisense Floor Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP – N340,000 – N460,000
- Hisense Floor Standing Air Conditioner 5 HP – N610,000 – N870,000
- Hisense Floor Standing Air Conditioner 10 HP – N1.4 million – N2 million
Scanfrost Standing Air Conditioner
- SCANFROST AIR CONDITIONER FLOOR STANDING 2 HP – N345,000 – N400,000
- SCANFROST AIR CONDITIONER FLOOR STANDING 3 HP – N450,000 – N500,000
- SCANFROST AIR CONDITIONER FLOOR STANDING 5 HP – N740,000 – N800,000
- SCANFROST AIR CONDITIONER FLOOR STANDING 10 HP – N2 million – N2.5 million
Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner
- Haier Thermocool Standing Air Conditioner 10 HP: N1,950,000 – N2,700,000
- Haier Thermocool Standing Air Conditioner 5 HP: N930,000 – N1,000,000
- Haier Thermocool Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP: N580,000 – N660,000
- Haier Thermocool Standing Air Conditioner 2 HP: N380,000 – N530,000
Royal Standing Air Conditioner
- Royal Inverter Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2 HP – N310,000 – N350,000
- Royal Inverter Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2.5 HP – N350,000 – N400,000
- Royal Inverter Floor Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP – N450,000 – N650,000
- Royal Inverter Floor Standing Air Conditioner 5 HP – N600,000 – N750,000
- Royal Inverter Floor Standing Air Conditioner 10 HP – N1,400,000 – N2,000,000
Kenstar Standing Air Conditioner
- Kenstar Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2 HP – N300,000 – N400,000
- Kenstar Floor Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP – N365,000 – N450,000
- Kenstar Floor Standing Air Conditioner 5 HP – N755,000 – N1,000,000
- Kenstar Floor Standing Air Conditioner 10 HP – N1.35 million – N4 million
LG Standing Air Conditioner
- LG STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 2 HP – N495,000 – N600,000
- LG STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 3 HP – N725,000 – N800,000
- LG STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 5 HP – N910,000 – N1,000,000
- LG 2.5HP Floor Standing Twin Tower Air Conditioner With WiFi – N1.44 million – N1.55 million
- LG INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER 8 HP PACKAGE UNIT FLOORS STANDING – N1.2 million – N1.5 million
- LG INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER 10 HP PACKAGE UNIT FLOORS STANDING – N1.5 million – N2.7 million
Midea Standing Air Conditioner
- Midea Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2 HP – N275,000 – N450,000
- Midea Floor Standing Air Conditioner 2.5 HP – N300,000 – N390,000
- Midea Floor Standing Air Conditioner 3 HP – N400,000 – N500,000
- Midea STANDING PACKAGE 5 HP – N520,000 – N850,000
Panasonic Standing Air Conditioner
- PANASONIC STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 2 HP – N590,000 – N620,000
- PANASONIC STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 3 HP – N880, 000 – N980, 000
- PANASONIC STANDING UNIT Air Conditioner 5 HP – N1,240, 000 – N1,400, 000
While the list above estimates the prices of some common standing air conditioners as collected in the current market, it is advisable to confirm the prices before you buy choose to buy one. This is mainly because of the discrepancy in prices of air conditioners in recent times. Also, the current unease in the global space as a result of the pandemic has affected the prices of gadgets, including air conditioners. Hence, do not be surprised if the prices of the products listed above are even slightly higher in the market
The variation in the prices can also be a result of some other factors which could include the currency exchange rate at the period of purchase or period of import, place and period of purchase, and other related factors.
Things to consider before buying a standing air conditioner
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) standardizes star-rated energy efficiency ratings, also called EER for the air conditioners. Before you buy an air conditioner, make sure there is a star rating for energy efficiency labeled on it. Higher the number of stars, the better the efficiency of the air conditioner. An AC with higher energy efficiency uses less power and thus helps in lowering the energy bills. Lower energy bills mean cost-saving, therefore it is advised to always buy an AC with a higher star rating or higher energy efficiency.
Split or window AC:
Window AC has a single portable box that contains all the major components and it is installed on the window of a room. These are most suitable for cooling a smaller single room. On the other hand, split ACs have two separate units. The indoor unit contains the blower, cooling coils, and air filter. The outside unit of the AC has the compressor, the condenser coils, and some other capillary tubing. Split ACs are suitable for bigger rooms as their cooling capacity is higher. Though window ACs are cheaper and easier to install, split ACs are noiseless and have better air distribution.
Indoor air quality is an important thing to keep in mind while buying AC. Having an AC with a good filter is vital in improving the air quality of your house. The air filters of the AC help in removing dirt and germs from the air, and sometimes it also filters out smoke and odors. Besides cleaning the air, a good filter also ensures that the dust and dirt don’t reach the evaporator coil and thus helps in improving the performance and energy efficiency of your AC. Also, look for an air conditioner that has a good dehumidification unit, to reduce humidity in your room. Air conditioners with good dehumidification units also provide you with better cooling and comfort.