In a move to help boost agricultural overall output, and food production and ensure that Nigeria is self-sufficient in food production and at the same time reduce the country’s dependants on oil revenue;
the younger population that made up a larger percentage of the population needed to be encouraged and empowered to embrace Agriculture.
The program will seek to strengthen and enhance the capacity of already existing smallholder farmers in a bid to end hunger and also promote sustainability in agricultural output.
How does the Buhari Young farmers network work?
- The program in its first batch of recruitment will empower about 100 Nigerians in the first phase. There is also a plan to increase the number of beneficiaries from the initial 100 to 2000 per local Government area throughout Nigeria.
- Organizers of this program will target graduates who share the same vision of going into commercial agriculture with the government
- An applicant who are interested has to meet the requirements of the Young Farmers Network and go through the terms and conditions before signing up on the recruitment portal.
Keynotes on Young Farmers Network:
The Buhari Young Farmers Scheme is a program that targets a minimum of 100 Nigerians from each local Government, they will be empowered to meet the needs and demands of the Federal government.
Buhari Young Farmers Scheme’s main aim is to financially empower 1000 Nigerian young farmers from each of our 774 Local Government Areas.
Buhari Young Farmers Scheme is under the control of the National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA).
Requirements for Buhari Young Farmers
- Nationality: young farmers’ applicants must be Nigerians.
- Education: the minimum education certificate to present is OND and other related qualifications
- Skills: Computer skills are desired, goal-oriented
- Must be dependable and punctual
- applicant Must be ready to respect and maintain the confidentiality of the organization
- Valid means of identification (ID card)
How to Apply for Buhari Young Farmer Network Recruitment Form 2022
NOTE: The application link below is currently slow or down because of too much traffic, you are advised to apply at midnight when the server will be less crowded.
- Visit https://nalda.ng/buhari-young-farmers-network-2/
- Enter your First Name, Surname, and Other names.
- Type in your working Email Address (e.g. [email protected]).
- Supply your current Phone Number (must be 11 digits).
- Select your gender (Male or Female)
- Select your Marital Status
- Also, select your State of Origin.
- Enter your Current Address which should include; Address Line 1, City, and State / Province / Region.
- Enter your Educational Level/Qualifications
- Then select your Area of Enterprise (Crop Production, Poultry Production, Animal Rearing, Fish Production).
- Upload your Passport (jpg only and must be 180kb or lower).
- In case you have any Anything Else We Should Know
- Finally, cross-check the information you’ve entered so far. If it is okay with you, go ahead and Submit your Details.
More on Young Farmers Network Recruitment
Achieving food self sufficiency is necessary for any economy’s wellbeing, because without it meeting the consumption needs of the population will not be actualized without importing or buying from the international market which diminishes National reserves.
To achieve food self sufficiently quickly in a country like Nigeria where most farmers lack the industrial capacity to carry out mechanized farming, the youth must be involved because they make up a sizeable portion of the active labor force
In a nutshell, when the Young Farmers Network is fully launched and running it is capable of:
- Growing agricultural output and industry in Nigeria.
- Nigeria will be able to save foreign exchange because there will be no need to import large quantities of food
- There will be food self-sufficiency